Tucson is a City of Gastronomy and with this title comes a great list of amazing local restaurants to feed your machine after a great day in the saddle. There are so many great restaurants but here are some of our favorites for you to enjoy!
- Baja Cafe - without a doubt this is our favorite breakfast stop in Tucson - huge servings - their pancakes, egg creations and brisket tacos are amazing if you are swinging by for lunch.
- Bisbee Breakfast Club - Originating in Bisbee, AZ this great breakfast joint has made its way to Tucson.
- Teaspoon - A variety of delicious breakfast dishes from many different cultures.
- Prep & Pastry - They offer an eclectic fare of breakfast and lunch plates.
- Le Buzz Cafe - An icon to the Tucson cycling community, their east location serves as the launching point for an epic day of riding up to Mt. Lemmon.
- Beyond Bread - While they do serve a mean breakfast, we love going to Beyond Bread for lunch. As their name suggests, they have some amazing bread. We recommend their soft pretzels!!!
- Baggins - Looking for a great sandwich? This time-honored lunch spot even gives you a fresh chocolate chip cookie!
- Zinburger - Good for lunch or dinner but there are so many great dinner choices that we will tell you to head here for lunch!
- Contigo Latin Kitchen - Located at the Westin La Paloma, this restaurant is really high on our list of best restaurants for dinner. Their Ceviche is amazing!
- Commoner - The food experience at Commoner is a true delight for your taste buds - every time we eat at this restaurant we are smiling from ear to ear with the taste of the food.
- Vero Amore - If you are looking for a little Italian flare then Vero Amore is definitely worth a stop. If you are into some of the real in the know ask to get into their secret speakeasy.
- Zona78 - Another Tucson-grown Italian style eatery - great food and pretty quick service.
- Guadalajara Grill - One of our favorite Mexican food restaurants in Tucson, and trust us, there are some AMAZING places to get Mexican food here! The tableside salsa is a very unique experience. One of our favorite dishes is the Molcajete Bowl!
- Poco & Mom's - There are many types of Mexican food and Poco & Mom's specializes in the flavors of New Mexico - Green or Red Chili?
- La Parilla Suiza - Inspired by Mexico City style food, this is an amazing taste of Mexico! They have several dishes that are very unique - one of our favorites is the Nopolitos (cactus dish).
- El Charro Cafe - One of the oldest Mexican restaurants in Tucson (the original is downtown) - they are famous for their roof dried carne seca!
- El Corral - We wouldn't call many places legendary but El Corral is definitely that. You can smell the rustic mesquite fired pit before you even turn into their parking lot. If you are looking for a local steakhouse then look no further - better have reservations!
- Feast - If you are a real foodie then you need to make a stop at Feast! We would tell you what to eat here but the menu changes weekly!!!
- Zio Peppe - A recent addition to the Tucson food scene, Zio Peppe takes Italian to a whole new level with an extremely inventive menu. Their Figgy Stardust pizza is incredible!
For more info on Tucson's designation as a City of Gastronomy (the first in the US!), check out their website.